The E-mails and the Preparation...

February 6, 2006 @ 5:00PM
An e-mail from a project manager arrived informing our group that we have just been assigned to a project. I thought of it as a blessing... a reprieve from making all those PowerPoint presentations while undergoing self-paced torture on learning a new technology.

February 6, 2006 @ 7:00PM
We received another e-mail from the same project manager informing us that there's a high chance of going to Australia for the project startup. We were warned not to raise our hopes up as there were already lots of cases on cancelled on-shore assignments even if the assignees were already on the plane. But still, I could not help but get excited.

After 3 Weeks
I've completed all the visa requirements and our groups' application was lodged to the embassy.

After 1 Week...
An e-mail arrived that my visa has been approved. But I should not get too ecstatic yet... unless I've already stayed in Sydney for 2 months.

A Day before the Departure
Morning: I picked up my ticket, my visa, and the necessary documents I had to bring but I still hadn't bought anything at all to bring with me to Sydney not even a decent bag! Well I guess I went too far in pretending not being excited...

No comments: