Of beaches, bays, and a cemetery

I spent my first Saturday beach hopping with colleagues. We intended to hop from Coogee beach to Bondi beach by foot, as this was recommended as a very good jogging route. Using our red travelpass, off we went to our first destination:

First Stop: Coogee Beach


It was already a bit crowded when we arrived at around 11:00AM and it was very hot, too. Few people were surfing but the majority were just sun-bathing. Those who brought swim suits went swimming. The rest of us, being born "naturally tanned" ^-^, headed on to a shed, basked in the beauty of the sea, and from time to time, observed what the other people were doing. I was a bit shocked because topless women were among those who were sun-bathing. I think there's no need for me to describe the reaction of our male colleagues. ^-^

Passing through: Gordons Bay


There's not much I could say about Gordon's Bay. It's also amazing. ^-^ Our feet were already killing us by the time we reached here. We were supposed to catch the bus from here but we had no idea where to find the time table and the bus stop, so we decided to continue on foot.

Passing through: Clovelly Bay


I am not really sure if this is really Clovelly Bay. I did some research and thoroughly scanned my memory and concluded that this should be Clovelly Bay. ^-^ The houses that you could see in the background were really huge and beautiful. We could see a house with a huge swimming pool from where we were sitting.

Passing through: Waverly Cemetery


This was very interesting. There were even tombs that dated back to the 1800's.The cemetery was very peaceful and beautiful that I wanted to get buried there when I die. But then I'm sure a slot in there costs a fortune. ^-^

Final Destination: Bondi Beach


Please ignore the person in the picture. She's really bad at doing the spread-eagle pose.^-^

This beach is a lot bigger than Coogee beach and better for surfing, too. Too bad I don't know how to surf...

Actually, we took a bus from somewhere. Our feet were really killing us and it was getting dark. We would have seen Bronte beach and Tamarama beach if we continued on foot. If I'll have a chance to go to Sydney again, I will definitely follow this route... ON FOOT. ^-^

1 comment:

Mark Benson said...

All these places are brilliant stopovers to visit after flights to Australia and also will help in exploring the beauty of the magnificent country.